Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 25th 2011





My Aunt would've been 73 years old today.





I went to visit her bench today to lay flowers on it in rememberance like I do every year on her birthday and on the anniversairy of her passing.





Her memorial bench is located at Moseley Pines overlooking the Merrimack River.





I like 'visiting" her.





It is quiet and serene.





I spend time there reflecting on things that matter.





I thought about those poor souls in Missouri that got whacked with a horrendous tornado. The photos of devastation on the news are jaw dropping. I can not understand why so many horrible acts of nature have been occurring.





I was sitting in the doctor's waiting room for a lyme disease test. There was this young woman there with a little kid waiting there too. She was wearing cap and yet, I could tell she was bald. She had a 'pink ribbon' tattoo on her wrist. I thought to myself, "oh My God. This young mother must have breast cancer".





On the news interviewed a distraught mother pleading for the return of her daughter who had been missing for days. Another segment showed a video clip of a State trooper who had been run over by a hit and run driver.





When I spend time with my "Aunt" up at Moseley Pines I count my blessings. It is so easily to lose track of the important "simple things" in life we tend to take for granted.





The rain had stopped. The leaves on the trees were sprouting green new leaves. The air smelled damp with pine but it was a fresh clean smell. I could hear the faint sound of a dog barking in the distance and a crow cawing. The sun was pulsing in and out causing color changes reflecting over the Merrimack river.





It was going to be a nice day.





* I took this photo sitting on my Aunt's bench

2 comments:

  1. What a great spot, V. A perfect spot.
    It's great that you have a place to visit and remember your aunt. I bet she'd be very pleased with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very nice.

    ReplyDelete