Friday, May 20, 2011

Ambulance ride!



I am one of those people who exercises regularly, takes vitamens, eats healthy and organic and has no vices (no smoking, no drinking and no donuts)



And yet, out of nowhere I get knocked down by some "mystery illness."

And the symptons are always the same. One minute I am fine and the next within seconds, I get the spins, a dull headache, muscle ache, weakness, heart palpations, exhaustion, chills and profuse vomiting. I mean, non-stop puking even when my stomach is completely empty of stuff I still heave so bad my feet lift off the ground.



I woke up wednesday morning feeling like I had a hang-over. I thought to myself, "what the *****?" And then, I could not stop puking. This was one of the worst cases. I tried taking little sips of water and ginger-ale so I would not get dehydrated but up it went. My first thoughts were , "oh shit..I have a bunch of customers scheduled for the day. What am I going to do?.."



Thankfully, I called some of them who were home to cancel. I had one "new" customer who was away so I called my pet sitter to cover for me. Thank God she could do it. There was no way I could get behind the wheel of car. No way.



Matter of fact, I was getting so severely dehydrated and called my husband in tears to come home right away.



He called an ambulance.



This was my first ride in an ambulance.



And it was a good thing too. They hooked me up with a IV right away. I knew if I went to the emergency room by car I would end up sitting in a waiting room for a good 4 hours before anyone treated me. I'd rather be in my warm clean bed dehydrated rather than sitting in a dirty waiting area for hours dehydrated. The guys in the ambulances were attentive and nice.



I was put in a room and got three bags of fluid. That helped quite a bit. After five hours I was chucked out. I didn't even have shoes to walk out outside to my husband's awaiting car. And I never did see a doctor so I still do not know what is wrong with me but at least I was resting in a hospital bed with O2 and fluids which I badly needed for time being.



I'm still dizzy and weak. I can't explain it. My cousin thinks might have lyme disease and my husband thinks I have dengue fever (Bonaire has had a problem with dengue fever). Both symptoms are similar and both have no cures. Both hang around in your blood stream and emerge when your immune system is weak.



Seriously, I am sick of being sick.

Shit!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, V, I feel so bad for you. The cyclical nature of the illness sounds suspicious. You are going to follow up with your doctor for blood work to be sure, right? R-I-G-H-T?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, V... RIGHT?

    I'm so sorry that you're ill. It sounds awful. As if you don't have enough to deal with, what with the migraines you already suffer from. Big, warm, hug for you...now go find out what it is...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, I have an appointment with my doctor on tuesday morning. They need to check for specifics. Beleive me it wasn't a general "stomach bug" because my stomach wasn't cramping.Something weird is going on.
    And I am exhausted all the time.....

    ReplyDelete