Saturday, May 7, 2011

I "heart" my cockatiels



The best part of our trip was landing back in Boston and sleeping in our own bed.



Traveling sucks.



I used to love to travel.



Flying on a plane used to be fun and part of the adventure.



Do you remember Eastern airlines-"the wings of man"? It was an exciting and glamourous time to be aboard their airlines.



NOW, flying on a plane is the same as being crammed inside a foul smelly germ infested garbage truck.



It is an 12 hour journey door to door squished on a nasty 12' by 12 ' foam"seat".



Airports and planes reek of farts, bad breath, dirty hair, artificial 'air freshener" chemicals, stale piss and raunchy socks.



It is just disgusting.



Every single time I fly I get sick. I ask myself ,"why am I doing this?"



I was so grateful that I did not schedule any clients the day after I traveled because I predictably got sick. I do not know if it was the combination of meds I was on, lack of fresh air, no blood circulation and the sheer absence of decent food and water.



Regardless, I puked when I got home.



I was terribly home-sick too.



I missed my birds something awful.



I think they missed me too.



When I was laying on the couch, "Eddie" my favorite little cockatiel paced around on my chest. She had her head tilted as if she was trying to listen to my heart beat. She settled down resting her little body on top of my heart. "Button" my little yellow cockatiel did the same thing. I had two cockatiels hunkered down resting on my heart. "Fresh Baby" flew over as well but she settled in on top of my head instead. It was as if they knew I wasn't well and they wanted to comfort me. We all fell asleep on the couch together.



They were happy and content I was home. Life was back to normal.


I guess the best part of traveling is coming home as a wake-up call to all those little things in life that really matter.


I "heart" my cockatiels!

3 comments:

  1. I think they "heart" you too, V. I'm glad you're home, safe and sound. Gentle hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Eastern Airlines. My uncle was a pilot for them at a time when you could smoke on planes. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be trapped on a plane with all of those other gross smells, AND someone's nasty second hand smoke as well. You know, there are a ton of places to see(and dive) in this country...and you can drive to them. It may take a little longer to get there, but that's part of the adventure ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Staycations' sound better and better all the time...

    ReplyDelete