Thursday, January 13, 2011

week 34 on WW


I don't weigh myself every week.
I've waited over a month before weighing myself a little afraid of what the results would be. Despite of all the holiday/winter/comfort foods all around I did not submit to eating any cookies or, my beloved donuts.

I still weigh 110 lbs. I fit in a size 4 comfortably.

It's been 34 weeks since I've had a donut.

Thirty six weeks without a single donut.

I have stopped by dunkin donuts and honey dew donuts on occasion for a coffee but I have not had a donut. I know if I had so much as have one donut the avalanche of bad habits would resume. I just stare at the donuts on a shelf lined up on that pretty pink paper like a pervert leering at all the naked lady magazines at a smoke shop.

My body is undergoing some "changes" as I age so I have to keep ahead of it by exercising routinely and eating foods that won't pile the pudge on.

Since New Years, I've started stretching for a good 5 minutes before I go running. I was very good about doing this years ago but for some reason I had stopped so I am back on track again.

At night, when my stomach feels a little "itchy' for something sweet I eat a 100 calorie bag of craisens. I am actually surprised that this actually takes the itch away. I generally would've eaten a half a box of captain crunch cereal.

If I indulge at lunch by going to a restaurant I will have a big bowl of soup later at night.

I know yogert is suppose to be one of the 'super foods" but it makes me gag. I just can't stand the feeling on my teeth. Yuck.
I've developed a workable routine that is working for me. I think that this the hardest part about a "diet" is finding that workable program that you can stick to for life.

For me, staying away from my "no fly list" foods, staying away from "bad fats", staying away from white flour/yeasty carbs, eating lots of fruits and veggies, working out 5 days a week in "cell block #9", running every day (possible) and now, adding 5 minutes of yoga stretches daily.

And drinking tons of tea and seltzer water.

Every one is different. As I said, the hardest part is figuring out what works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment