Monday, November 8, 2010

week 25 on WW


I haven't weighed myself for about a month just to see what I would weigh by not obsessing about my weight and to just eat normally.

When I mean eat normally, I mean not obsessing over calories but staying away from fats and sweets. When I feel full, I stop instead of thinking that I have to clean the plate. I've gotten into the habit of planning my weekly menu and also when I have the raging hungries I just eat a big bowl of fruit (with FF cool whip) and have a cup of tea.

I seriously look forward to my morning cup of coffee. I buy really good flavored coffee which is a nice treat ( green mountain coffee is on sale with week at the local grocery store, yippee!)

I'll admit my portions have been bigger but I think this may be OK since I still have not gained any weight. When I am hungry, I eat. Sometimes I will add soup to a meal to fill us up.

I do believe the biggest thing for keeping the weight off is that I still have NOT had a single donut, pastry or cookie in 25 weeks! And, I am still working out 5 days a week down in cell block #9.

And there are some days, alot of days, I drive by the dunkin donuts thinking this will be the day I fall off the wagon.

But I haven't, yet.

I found that chips, pita chips, and salsa chips are highly addictive. Once I have "a few' I can't stop. So I think this is something I'll have to add to the 'no fly list".

I get really annoyed when people will stick cookies or desserts in front of my face and say, "here, I made it especially for you!" Seriously, would you hand an alcoholic a beer and say the same thing? I suppose some people think that person can be satisfied with just one drink (In my case, just the one donut could throw me over the edge). Sometimes I wonder if some people do it on purpose just to sabotage my diet. I dunno , I guess I am just being paranoid.

I don't want to look like a fat dumpy middle aged woman..

I don't mind getting old because the alternative is, well, death.

So, I am trying to fight the dreaded middle age spread naturally through exercise and a healthy diet.

Ah yes, my friends, it is a battle.

And the holidays are right around the corner.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you,V. I have the same problem with DD. I'm on the DD Diet - no DD and you lose weight. Sometimes The Captain slips and brings me a croisant and I wolf it down before he remembers that I said, "No pastries from DD for me!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspiration. My trip back east to drive my mom to Florida has seriously "undone" me. I have been struggling to get back on the WW train ever since. I'm holding steady at a 7 pound back slide... but I can see that scale inching upwards an ounce at a time. Tell me what a breakfast, lunch, dinner looks like in the Patron Saint household... I need a jumping off point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The key thing is preparation! And it is a lot of work but once you get in the routine it is easy.
    Here is what I usually have on a daily basis

    large cup coffee with fa free cream
    1/2 vegan scone
    2-3 egg whites from "walking around chickens"
    tea with fat free milk

    bowl of home-made "JLo" rice (yellow rice, brocolli, hot peppers, mushrooms, beans, red peppers)
    large bowl of fruit with ff coolwhip
    tea

    home-made vegetable Indian curry from a recipe in a ff international cook-book
    1/2 peice of plain naan or 1/2 cup brown jasmine rice
    skinny cow ice cream sandwich
    tea

    *I make enough food at dinner so I can have left-overs for lunch the next day
    I avoid sugary white flour products, fats and high frutose corn syrup in products.
    You gotta read food labels!
    if you are still hungry at a meal I will add soup as a filler.
    If you are on the road these choices are WW friendly!
    the eggwhite flat bread veggie or turkey sausage sandwich at DD is WW legal!!
    The chili at wendy's is WW legal as well as a baked potatoe (no cheeze)
    Veggie sub (without cheeze and oil) at subway is super legal!
    KFC rice and bean side dish is legal too!
    *ANY fav food is legal so long as you eat half the portion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU!! I'm going to try your way. Mine always leaves me feeling peckish.

    ReplyDelete