Tuesday, July 2, 2013

the corvette dodged a bullet

I'm trying to establish somewhat of a routine in able to cope with being incapacitated. I work out with hand weights, do leg lifts, sit ups etc.. for a good 30 minutes in the morning. I am sticking to a strict weight watchers format since, obviously, I can't go running in the morning. I must get some exercise by hopping around on one foot because at night-time I am exhausted.
I scoot around with the wheeled computer chairs to at least do some of the bird clean-ups and wheel over to the stove to cook dinner.
The pigeon likes this business of scooting around on the chair. He waits at the bottom of the stairs as if he is waiting for the bus so that I pick him up and put him on my lap so he can whisked around the kitchen.
The weather was weird yesterday with blasts of down pouring rain intermittently.It was really humid too. Thank God for central air.
About 3:00 pm, the phone rang from my long time friend telling me to turn the TV on.
 There was reports of a tornado sighting in the Essex county. The news was informing people to get in their basements and to wait.. In addition, I got a reverse 911 call from the police issuing a warning.
Oh what the F....!?!
Are you kidding me?
I was alone with my foot in a cast.
 I called my husband telling him to stay put at work and to turn on the news to watch the weather.
No way would I be able to go in the basement AND I wasn't going to leave my birds.
I have a small closet in the midsection of my house and if need be, I'd toss everything out of it, cram as many birds as I could in one cage and go in there.
 I think this would be the safest spot in the house because even the cellar has windows plus saws and other shit that could go projectile.
I kept the news on and thankfully, the tornados in our area turned out to be duds.
We did get some massive flooding in our area but my house was OK.
As we say on the boat, "we cheated death again".

1 comment:

  1. Never a dull moment, V. Get Soracha to take a picture of you on the computer chair, leg lifted and in a cast, with the pidgeon on your lap. It'll be a classic, I guarantee you.

    ReplyDelete