Saturday, July 6, 2013

trying to make the best of the situation

I was very very tempted to cut my cast off yesterday.
It's hot, smelly and suffocating.
 I long to stick my foot in cool water!Arrrrrgh!
My husband has been very kind to take me to the beach in the morning before it gets too unbearably crowded and hot .He knows how much I love the beach-even if I am just confined to a bench overlooking the Merrimack. I am at least out in the fresh air and the sun. We get there early so we can park at the bench area so I only have to hop a few steps to it.
(*this is my view from my seat)
People are out on their boats, the early birds are out fishing for stripers and the "Hampton beachers" are in the water.. The seagulls have figured out beach bags and plastic Shaw's bags mean chips and cheetos. A cooler means sandwiches.It's kind of fun to watch the gulls steal from the unsuspecting tourists.
 I can't wait to go in the water to feel that cool water on my feet!. I feel like I'm looking from the outside through a window at a party that I wasn't invited to.My bum hurts from sitting.My foot is still swollen and gross.Blah blah blah!
 I do my morning exercises routinely. My arm muscles are getting stronger and more defined. I have to admit my arms do look good, if nothing else.
We had a birdy visitor over the 4th. Her name was Jasmine. She is a green cheeked conure. She was scared when she first arrived. Once we had lunch she became more curious and interested in what we were eating. She definitely had a bratty side to her.
For a conure, she was relatively quiet. Oh yeah, she squealed but it is nothing like the noise sun conures make. A sun conure could break glass with their thrill 'call". She was a bit of a biter so I had to seriously monitor the other birds around her cage. I placed a small towel on top of her cage just in case any of my nosy birds landed on Jasmine's cage. Jasmine could easily bite off a toe. My husband did a great job cage cleaning and feeding Jasmine.Everything worked out well.
Well that is it for now. I need to elevate my foot now.

No comments:

Post a Comment