Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving 2011









You never know what will happen during the holidays. I think you remember certain 'incidents" only because it is punctuated by being a holiday. As my parents age, I take in each holiday as a gift for now on. My father has not fared well having Parkingson's disease. I see noticable deteriorating changes in him. It's tough.






I was glad my brother and his family could make it this year for Thanksgiving. I think it gives my dad a good distraction. The "kids" are now teens. I like the fact they are teens now believe it or not! We have actually 'bonded' through, get this, from watching "South Park" and from funny stupid stuff on "youtube".






Yes, I know.






It's bad.






And this Thanksgiving was no different.






I wanted to watch the dog show competition on TV. I figured I might get over ruled and get stuck having to sit through another boring foot ball game. However, I was lucky. We did get to watch the entire dog show. After that was over my brother channel surfed for the football games. Instead of sticking to one particular game, what caught his attention was the "Jerry Springer show". As you might guess, it was obscenely outragious.






We were all cracking up and yelling at the TV. My mother came in the TV room to see what the commotion was . I think she was horrified and said, 'turn the football game on". He switched to the game to check the score and then channel surfed to some MTV cable channel show that was similar to "Jackass' and "American's funniest video". Again, it was outragious.






My "inner immature teenager" emerged and we all were laughing like fools.






I learned a new term called "credit carding".






It's a term used on this show when a "dude is on his skate-board, slips off it and the skate-board jams up his arse like a credit card swipe". As you might guess, my teen nephews AND my brother being the ring-leader, were laughing their heads off yelling stuff at the TV like, " your card has been denied!"






As raucous and "inappropriate" as we all were acting I think my father enjoyed the shenanigans.






We all stuffed ourselves silly with a delicious holiday feast. I could barely finish a small slice of banana cream pie after my meal.






I think all in all everyone had a pretty good day.






I did kind of feel sorry for my mother for having to put up with all of us...






Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had exactly the kind of holiday you needed. Glad you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete