Thursday, September 16, 2010

week 17 on WW


My weight has stabilized for the most part. Last week I went up 2 LBS., and this week, back down 2 lbs. I think that is how it going to go so long as I don't "fall off the wagon".

I still haven't been in dunkin donuts for 17 weeks.

So what do I get in the mail?

A coupon for a free beverage!

AH...it's like a fishing lure just to get me to take a bait.

This will be the real test.

I've had such a craving for a chocolate butternut donut today.

Even a frosted poptart would've been good.

It's the zomig and the side effects of migraines that are talking to me.

I'm resisting.

I'll still do a light workout down in cell block #9 to at least activate my muscles when I feel shitty.

A very light workout.

I'm getting through this.

Last weekend on the boat, dive buddy Bill L, confessed he hadn't been to dunkin donuts for three weeks. He said it is tough because he's on the road all day.

I know EXACTLY what he is talking about.

You are hungry, your sugar level is dropping and you really don't have time to stop and eat a proper lunch.

So I checked out dunkin's online nutritional chart to see what was within the WW legal limits.

As I had posted before the turkey sausage eggwhite sandwich is only 5 points. It's delicious and filling. Oh BTW, I order the turkey sausage because there is never any turkey sausage in the mix but lots of spinach! Whereas the veggie eggwhite sandwich is 6 points and it's full of yucky onions!

I checked out some of their 'new" items online.

Ready?

a small 10oz watermelon coolatta is 250 calories! Wow!

a small 10oz hot apple cider is 120 calories (that's doable for a treat!)

a "reduced" fat blueberry muffin has 9grams of fat at 430 calories!(The reduced fat muffins taste really shitty. Don't bother, they are wasted calories)

a "healthy" multigrain bagel has 8 grams of fat at 390 calories (it does, however, have 9grams of fiber)

a small (new seasonal flavor) pumpkin coffee without cream is 160 calories(?) (it turns out that a heavy corn syrup flavoring is added)

Whereas, a small french vanilla coffee with cream is only 60 calories.(It is the same calories as a plain coffee)

an ice tea with skim milk is only 35 calories

So there you have it.

I'll most likely get a french vanilla coffee with cream. I'll probably have to have my husband to walk me in because I'll have my eyes closed as to not to look at the donuts!

2 comments:

  1. I've been struggling with sugar lately, and failing miserably. I keep jumping back on the horse though. I'm stalled in the "loss" department. I need something to boost me back into a steady downsizing. I think all of the calories I'm burning with exercise are causing me to eat more, and crave sweets. It's exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the hardest part of a new weight loss lifestyle (I'm not going to use the word "diet" because usually means something temporary until you meet your goal) is finding out what works and does not work for you. There are certain foods that I just simply can not control. Period.
    So I have to delete them from my life.
    I am not one of those girls that "is satified with having just one chocolate chip cookie" (like you see in the weight watcher guide book)
    I'm like a termite in a pile of wood and cannot stop. Sooooo.....
    I guess you gotta figure out which foods you can not control and which foods you can't live without and try to balance it, if possible.
    Hell..I'm still struggling espcially when I get the major sugar cravings from migraine crashes.

    ReplyDelete