Saturday, September 11, 2010

On the lighter side....




Every once in awhile out of my usual routine of animal care some humorous incidents occur.


This weekend, I have a few 'boarders" staying with me.: two birds and a bunny.


These 'guys' are 'regular' boarders.


"Benji" the bunny is a cute little thing but he's getting kind of old and therefore, he needs a bit more care. First of all, his incisors (the front buck teeth that make bunnies famous for their buck tooth look) are crooked. One tooth is off to the side.

He looks like he needs braces.


I've been giving him medicine in a eye dropper to treat him for vertigo. I'm a bit curious to how the vet thought he might be dizzy.So far, he is doing A-OK.


"Billy Bird" is a little lovebird with a big personality. I let him fly around for exercise while supervised. However, the phone rang and I lost sight of him . After calling him, I spotted him up on the teacup shelf with his head sticking out of my large "lovebird coffee cup". I find it funny of all the cups he picked that one in particular he decided to use to play hide and seek.


Last week, I was walking, "Cuddles" and "Ruby", my cousin's two dogs. Finally, there was a day cool enough to take the dogs out on a real walk. Cuddles has had this habit of stuffing anything and everything she can in her mouth. This means paper wrappings, diapers, rabbit shit, garbage, gum, you name it.


There is one stretch of the road that has all these rotten crab apples scattered everywhere. She is always lunging for one of those wormy delights. As I hustled the dogs past "apple alley" which is a rather busy street up onto a safe side road Cuddles stopped to poop.


I proceeded to pick up after her and then looked up at her.


I had to take a double take.


She looked like she grew a pair of Hill-Billy Teeth (See photo above!)


Oh my God!


She grabbed a rotten apple and it looked like she had Hill-Billy choppers hanging out of her mouth!


Needless to say this was a "kodak moment".


As for the other photo above, and speaking of hill-billys, I used the above poster as a prop as a part of my last year's Halloween costume where my cousin and I went as the "Billy Bob cousins."


Yes, I was lookin' fer me lost dawg!

3 comments: