Monday, August 25, 2014

August 24 2014 dive # 930 & 931

* I found this funny photo on the internet with a diver diving with his dog!
The guy looks like he is having fun, and dog seems to be having fun too!

August 24 2014 dive # 930
We lucked out on getting such a perfect day to be out diving. Warm and sunny but not suffocating. The water temp, on the surface, had to be close to 70F.
It was a bit surgy with crappy viz but that's the pay off. We anchored off of Folly cove near the restaurant to do some more filming.
Chris and Fred were in charge. Andy and Pete as crew. John (from froggies), Jackie, Alex, Charlie (from NBPT) and his son were onboard.
We had a good easy going group of buddies to share the day.
Back in the water Chris and I went following the illustrated instructions Fred wanted us to do.
I, hopefully, followed the instructions to get that needed footage.
 John was snorkling above us and said we looked pretty good. But time will tell once Chris looks at the actual footage. I swam back and forth numerous times at different angles.
The viz was really fuzzy so that could be a factor. I ended up pretty much draining the tank. As with a double hose reg you can't tell how deep you are nor how much air you have (you don't have any guages). You kind of just have to guess by experience.
August 24 dive #931
The water was really warm and I had an extra tank. There was no way I was NOT going back in!  I am hell bent on keeping my UW skills up so I settled on the bottom to take off my BCD, put it back on and do the same with my weight belt. There was a slight surge and I was bopping around UW. As I was feeling for the buckle on my weight belt a nosy cunner came up to face mask and started pecking at it! I think he knew I was busy doing something. Either that the fish at Folly have gotten so used to the divers that he has no fear.
 I was kind of hoping I would see Andy's "rrraken" friend or Jackie's torpedo ray friend but I did see an odd looking fish. It was the size of a  cunner but longer with tiger stripes and bright yellow coloring.Tropical fish do come up this time of year. When I looked in my fish ID book I found a harlequin bass that matched the description. They live in northern florida.
After I drained this tank as well and got out of my wetsuit we all started to "hampton beach" it and jump in the ocean for just a swim. I blessed and annointed all the "hampton beachers" with a "in the name of Howie Carr, dunkin donuts and the Boston Red Sox' you are all now officially "hampton beachers"!
It's great fun to get all silly like 13 year old kids.
That is best part of being on the boat:-) being kids again!

1 comment: