Monday, August 11, 2014

our at adventure at Boston's comic con

 Last saturday we bought tixs to Boston's Comic con at the seaport conventions center.
 Let me tell you, we had a blast!
Now you are probably wondering
What kind of people go to something like this? Well, it was completely PACKED with :comic book collectors, comic book artists, people who role play, gamers, people into star trek, super heros, star wars, game of thrones, Dr. Who, underground comics, Marvel comics, fans of particular artists or actors and people who just like to dress up in costume. They had workshops, film festivals,  cosplay, booths selling comic books,collectables, clothing, and posters.
I am sure I am leaving stuff out but the best part of the event was dressing up in costume and seeing other people in costume too. It was hilarious.

* that is me above as "Hit Girl" from the movie "Kick Ass"

 This is "Hit Girl". I loved her character. She is a foul mouth 13 years old girl along with her father (an ex-cop) kicking the crap out of bad guys. hmmmm.
"Kick ass" was one of funniest movies ever.

My husband went as "Red Cloud". "Red Cloud" is a Japanese anime character. I teased him and kept  calling him 'fart cloud" instead.
 Here is Naruto Akatsuki's "Red Cloud" characters.
 Here is a couple of guys at the convention, one dressed as "Wolverine" and the other guy as "Dead Pool" "Dead Pool" was a very popular character. Alot of guys were dressed as the "Dead Pool" character and "the Joker".  Girls seemed to favor Japanese anime characters and the sexy villian "Poison Ivy".
There was one girl who very very obese in a "wonder woman" costume which was kind of wrong. There were guys wearing costumes in body suits that were, well, left nothing to the imagination, if you know what I mean..
 I thought there would be a ton of guys dressed as Batman and Spiderman but I only spotted three. I posed with this Batman.
 Don't ask
 This girl was dressed as "Anubis", an Egyptian goddess, as you can see one big reason guys like this event!
 I had to take this photo of the staypuff marshmellow men from "Ghostbusters"
I couldn't resist having my pic with one of the "Ghostbusters"!

1 comment: