Friday, May 17, 2013

the wild pigeons of salisbury beach part 94

*I spoke too soon about the white pigeon in Seabrook. There he is sitting on the roof of a house right across the street from where Mattie the dog lives! (I took this photo with my cell phone)
It appears the lady around the corner still feeds him.
So far, this pigeon has been lucky.
Some are not so lucky.
I noticed a opening on one of the fried food places at the beach where pigeons come and go, and have babies. I saw a wing sticking out. Sadly a pigeon got stuck and couldn't get out. I think he died awhile back.
The youngsters milling around seem to be doing OK.Although the "little one" still seems to be thin to me. Young pigeons are suppose to be chubby.
Yesterday, I heard my husband yelling to me to 'come upstairs right now and see what your pigeon has done!" I had no idea what my pigeon has done.I thought perhaps he got on the desk and tossed the papers around. He's done that a few times.
I walked upstairs and saw my husband standing next to his closet pointing to his clothes hanging up. I was confused. What was the problem?
And then I saw bird shit all over his pants, hangers and a few shirts. What the ......(!?)
Oops..now, I remember. One day the pigeon decided to play "hide and seek" in the art room closet. I saw him poke his head out the closet on the top shelf as if to check to see if was looking for him.
 I am guessing he was waiting a long time for me. oooohhh naughty bird!

No comments:

Post a Comment