Tuesday, February 17, 2015

sueno de Mexico

 This obnoxious weather makes me dream of my past  trip to Mexico.
In the above photo, I put together some of my Mexican trinkets and art pieces that I had collected. Some are gifts given to me from my cousin, things I had bought in international speciality shops and treasures I scored in thrift shops. There is a distinct style in Mexican art that I admire.

When I was in Mexico I came across some interesting wildlife. There was these  large rodents called "zerekes"(above). They were everywhere. They were as common as squirrels. I thought they were really cute like bunnies. 
Another creature I saw digging in the dumpsters were called "mapaches". Mapaches is the word for raccoon in Spanish but these critters were not raccoons like what we know as raccoons but they were ring-tailed lemurs.
The birds were interesting too and fun to watch.




Since I've been stuck in the house during this snowagedon I've completed another painting.
I followed the Mexican "el dia de los muertos" (day of the dead) theme with their bright colours and almost cartoon-like skeleton characters. Even though it death related theme it appears cheerful to me.
We are expecting still more snow.
I've just finished the last of my delicious Mexican coffee.
I dream of the sun warming my skin, scuba diving and wearing nice shoes.
I dream of Mexico.
Yo sona de Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment