Wednesday, February 18, 2015

otra vez, mas nieve





I finally went down to the beach today even though there is a still a parking ban. I took a few photos but my fingers were getting frost bitten.
I brought some food down for the pigeons and as you can see the poor things were starving. Check out the snow banks and drifts. Yikes...
We are expecting more snow today -exclusively in the north shore.
Lucky us.
The local convenience store finally got a gas delivery in which I was grateful for since we needed gas (again) for the snow blower.
I feel soooo sorry for those poor people that have to take the commuter rail into Boston. First of all it sucks in the first place to have to take the commuter. Plus, standing out in the cold sucks  and now, the commuter rails are not running. The ultimate cherry on the shit sundae.There is no back up plan via the MBTA to add RELIABLE shuttle buses to get people to work either!.
Funny, during the blizzard of 78 the buses all ran. You couldn't drive but at least you could take the "T". I distinctly remember that. The former person in charge (some nitwit whiny lady) complained the reason for the "T" problems is money but yet they have people shovelling the rails out working 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off for a break at $30.00 an hour.!( I wished I made that kind of money!) I could go on and on about this but you get the ridiculous picture.
Last sunday for the first time,I think, in history, church services were cancelled.
Meetings, shows and classes have been cancelled. Everything is at a stand still.
We finally got running water. It's black and crunchy but at least I can wash. We will continue to drink bottled water for the time being.
 The folks on Plum Island got it worse. For days, the road going in and out of PI was closed. And now, the sewer system is backing up fouling basements and tubs. They have no water either. The underground pipes all froze.
 Roofs everywhere are collapsing. The little strip mall up near "Mattie the dog"  had their roof cave in. Walmart was evacuated last week with a threat of a collapsed roof.
I do hope this next storm is a dud and the one after that too.
We need a break......

No comments:

Post a Comment