Monday, September 8, 2014

September 7 2014 dive # 934 & 935

September 7 2014 dive #934
The wind was blasting from the NE. It was a bit "challenging" getting out of the slip.
 Regardless, it was a warm and sunny day. A perfect September afternoon.
Chris and Fred were running the show along with Pete and Andy manning the lines as well as John (from the froggies). We went  south to the wreck of the New Hampshire. Below the surface, there was a sneaky cold current.
Chris and I were still working on filming using Russ's double hose  reg, plate glass mask and rubber black fins.
 Again, like last week, I had some issues with clearing my right ear. With that in mind, I've been "practicing" all week '"working" on my ear by deep swallows making sure I could hear some kind of "click" in my ear. I did get down to 25 feet, but it was slow going and the water below was freakin' cold. Since it was cold it was also clear which makes for good filming. The water looked like it was "snowing" with all these comb jellies all about. I was hoping to see a torpedo ray, but no luck.
dive #935
The surface temp was about 60F and at 25 feet I had 45F on my temp guage. I didn't dare get out of my wetsuit just in case Andy saw something good. I still had air in my tank and even though I wanted to try out my BCD since I had replaced the inflator hose I opted to just use the back-pack since it was set-up. I swam around looking for critters. John also went in twice as well despite the huge tear in his wet-suit by his neck and shoulder.Yikes!
It was a nice day to be out. We did a detour on our way back to the dock to take a look at Pat S new boat. It is a beauty. In the harbor we also saw a huge seal swimming aound.
What a great way to end the boating season.

1 comment:

  1. Super commentary, V. You do a great job of remembering all we saw and did. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete