Monday, February 3, 2014

los buhos y aguilas





I was driving down to the beach and spotted with snowy owl on a light post in the far parking lot. As I was taking this photo, some guy was yelling at me to 'move away". As you can see  that I wasn't that close. 
I backed away regardless. The guy was screaming at everyone not to "disturb the owl"and then, the owl flew away. I think the guy's big mouth scared the owl off.


As I was ready to pull out of the parking lot in the skate board park I stopped for a moment checking to make sure I had my wallet with me so I could buy Valentine candy for my father at the beach candy shop. I looked up and right above me was the owl. Nobody was around. All the birders were busy with their scopes and binoculars in the marsh. I stepped out and took this photo.



When I was driving through Newburyport to go to spanish class I pulled over near the chain bridge to see if I could spot eagles. It was an exceptionally cold day. I figured I might get lucky. As I was standing outside my car with my furry trapper hat on watching the ice floes on the Merrimack river. I felt this "WHOOOOOSH" over my head. This big ass eagle buzzed my head! He must of thought my hat was a dead rabbit or something!
 Let me tell you..These are BIG birds! 
He landed on the tree right above me. It was so cold my camera kept freezing up. I thought I had the perfect shot and then when the camera finally went "click" the eagle took off.

Here is another shot of the snowy owl. I think this one was a youngster by the looks of the specks on his feathers.

1 comment: