Wednesday, February 1, 2017

happy 2017

Happy (belated) New Year!
I haven't had time to sit down and write so now I am doing it.
2016 has surely had it's ups and downs.
The "downs" of 2016 were:
1) My health conscious cousin getting diagnosed and undergoing chemo therapy for stage 4 ovarian cancer
2) Dive buddy Fred diagnosed and treated with chemo at his ripe ol' age of 81 for leukemia
3) The sudden passing of my dear pal Marilee
4) The sudden passing of my super fav 80's icon Prince
There were other not so happy moments as well. Some of them I probably blocked out of my head.

On a more positive note for 2016: I went to Bonaire twice, tried paddle boarding, kayaking, joined a church reading group, worked out doing Zumba classes and completed three paintings.

My 2017 "New" years resolutions I hope to complete are as follows:
1) try kick boxing class
2) eat a better diet (less chocolate cake /eat more protein instead)
3) drive a corvette
4) visit Paisley park (Prince's house in Chahassen, MN)
5) dive more

I hope with the new US president everything will be ok. I hope for peace, unity and prosperity.
My cousin had endured her chemo treatments and as of today, she is fit and clear.
My sister worked and lived in Thailand, but it wasn't what she had hoped. She was isolated from friends and family and kept getting attacked by native monkeys. She is now without a job and a house. The good part is she applied for jobs in the US. That would be a big help for her to live with my mum. Life changes so you make the best of things.
As far as my New year's resolutions I've already completed two on the list.
I joined a local health club for more advanced Zumba classes but more importantly that they have kick boxing classes! I am now an official gym rat. I am having a blast at the classes!
With that, I've tweaked my diet. I try to stay away from sweets and focus in on stuff I'm suppose to be eating rather than stuff I shouldn't eat.
Since I've been working out constantly in the gym it makes the winter more bearable.
In the spring time, I plan on going out to visit Paisley park.
Stay positive, stay safe, stay healthy.

2 comments:

  1. Those are good resolutions, V. I wish I had your brand of toughness to make them all happen. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete