Monday, July 4, 2016

July 3 2016 dive #988

July 3rd 2016 dive #988
Late start for me this year but here I am!
As much as I hate the winter season the summers here in NE are absolutely the best! This was a picture perfect day to be outside-especially on a boat with pals!
Air temp at around 80F with wind blowing from the north. This was my first boat trip this year on Easy Diver.
Fred and Chris were running the show. Andy at the helm and Bill L came aboard to enjoy the sunshine and the company! :-)
Pete was a no show. This was a bit unnerving. He has had been dealing with ongoing health issues so we were worried. Thankfully, later in the day he called saying he had overslept.
As you might guess on a beautiful 4th of July weekend the Annisqwam river was chock-o-block full of boats. We anchored in Folly cove which surprised me that there were only two boats anchored. Regardless, I was grateful that WE anchored here. It was my first dive of the season. Nice and easy.
It was good to see our pal Bill L. He always has good stories and jokes. He had told me the water temp was 65F. Well, he must of been joking! At 20 ft my guage read 48F! At surface it definitely wasn't that cold but boy, what a thermocline! Brrrrrrrr! My mouth was so cold I couldn't move it. Maybe that was a good thing.
The viz was at a good 20 Ft. I saw only a few fish. A pollack and flounder. A moon snail casing.No matter, I was out diving!
It's always good to catch up with friends. Chris and I spotted some beautiful water fowl. I believe we saw (above) a common golden eye.( I really should bring my bird ID book with me) I try to remember what they look like to ID them.
Gotta love this time of year!

1 comment:

  1. It was great to have you with us again, V. The day was perfecto!

    ReplyDelete