Monday, April 25, 2016

One more thing


Oh just 'one more thing".
Funny, and oddly ironic. I had been reading the book titled,"One More Thing' by BJ Novak. (BJ Novak was a writer for the TV show "the office" and he also played "Ryan" on the show) This book is collection of his quirky short stories. One of the stories was about a young man who died. The first person he sought out in heaven was his Grandmother and wanted to visit her. But as it turned out Grandma was too busy going to concerts to all the greats that had died.
I never even gave that any thought before about what heaven would be like.
 But boy, what a slammin' concert Prince would give.
I hadn't listened to much of any kind of music in a while so I played some of my Prince CDs as I was driving around today.
I had forgotten how insanely awesome his music was. Yeah, some of the lyrics are pretty RIBALD (to say the least) but it is infectiously dance worthy as well as poetically and instrumentally genius. I couldn't help but chuckle at a vision of Tipper Gore listening to "darling Nikki" and then spitting her coffee across the room as she listened to the lyrics. This song was the catalyst for  posting "advisory' labels on CDs.
Still.
I feel a little part of me is gone. That cool 80's me. (I did have some of his newer  innovative music CDs) but I just loved that whole purple rain period.
sigh.. :-(
"delirious"....

No comments:

Post a Comment