Saturday, April 9, 2016

Life with Trixstah & Booger


Here is "Trixstah the gangstah. He does remarkably well with his leg splints.

This is Craow Dum's cage. (I call her "Booger" most of the time) Trixstah has outgrown his cage so he will move into this cage since it is low to the ground and spacious.
  Most of the time the two brats like to just roost up here on the cabinet in their cozy hut.
 This is Trixstah's old cage. It was good while he was growing up. I had lined the cage with mesh so he wouldn't get his wings caught. It's a good cage to have for rehabilitating young and/or injured birds.
 Ta dah! Here is the brand new cage. It is actually a ferret/chinchilla cage. As you can see Booger invaded it already. It came delivered in a box with no instructions with a post saying"no tools needed..easy assembly".
Duh!You needed a hammer, pliers and phillips screw driver at least. Half the pegs were bent so you had to bang them out to fit. Needless to say every other word out of my mouth was "f*ck!". I finally finished it as Booger monitored my every move.
Here she is again in her old cage. She can't decide what cage she likes better. She pooped in both though.
I had to sweep up the debris quickly and vacuum it up. For some reason whenever the pigeon hear me sweep, no matter what part of the kitchen or bird room they HAVE TO land right in the pile and flap their wings.Needless to say, I swear, they do this on purpose, everything is scattered as if I never swept.

Yesterday, I was working on a design project using thousands of feathers. I was in the art room upstairs where I had carefully sorted and arranged the feathers by color, shape and size.
It took hours.
 I heard "plunk plunk" the sound of the pigeons climbing the stairs. Before I could get up off the floor to close the door, both of them invaded the room, landed on the feathers and flapped their wings violently scattering all of the feathers.
The room looked like I had a massive pillow fight.
Life is never dull with these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment