Tuesday, September 29, 2015

dive # 969 Sept.27 2015

dive #969 Sept. 27 2015
Sad to say, the season is coming to an end. The weekly weather has been really warm but it seems that crap weather falls on sundays, my dive day.
However, this weekend, the sunday weather was cooperative. It was sunny in the low 70s but for some reason I felt cold. Everyone was wearing wet suits and remarking on 'what a nice day it was" but  I was glad I packed my dry suit. With that being said, when I started to put it on my left rubber sleeve tore.
shit.
That is at least a $200.00 repair and a long drive to Somerville which is something I can't afford now.
Andy saved the day and taped it up so I could salvage the dive.
We had Fred and Chris in charge, Pete, Andy, Jackie and Alan H. A nice group of capable divers. Pete seemed like his old self telling corny jokes and such.
Despite my misfortune of a torn drysuit we had a remarkable day.
We anchored off of the 'restaurant" just above large boulders. The water temp was 55F but I was freezing. The viz was a marginal 10 foot at best. I made it down to 40 feet. There was lots of fish activity. The cunners were busy doing their thing. They are extremely curious especially when Chris was tapping on a rock. I do not know what the attraction is but they all gather when ever you are busy doing something. I enjoy just staying in one spot and watching the fish. I think the fish in turn like to do the same and watch us.
I am hoping for at least one more dive day. I patched up the tear on the sleeve but we shall see what happens next time.
One more day.

2 comments: