Monday, June 23, 2014

June 22 2014 dive # 916

June 22 2014 #916
OMG..what a great day....
Today was my first day back on Easy Diver since last June.
Fred and Pete were still in recovery from their injuries that happened over the winter. Regardless,They were both in good spirits. Of course,being on a boat in the summer definitely cures what ails you.
Pete was "very happy" to have an "audience" in order to show off his scar that came down from his crotch down to his ankle. (um Pete, you need new underpants.....) The scar was pock marked with holes from the "staples". I called out to give Pete a jug of water to drink to see if his leg would turn into a sprinkler system. We never did find out though. HA!
We had a nice group of people aboard. Chris was at the helm, along with Fred and Pete. Linsley and Kevin M are always a pleasure to dive with. Alex, Andy and John (from Metrowest) were also onboard for a great day.
 Air temp was cool and sunny (about 72F). We stopped at the stone garage. I needed to do a 'check out dive". I wore my dry suit and needed to see if my weight belt was of the correct weight amount.
The water was surprisely comfortable. My guage read 50F but Andy's guage read in the high 50s. It certainly felt in the high 50s.
The water, however. was really really surgy with a current. I kept that in mind and stayed under the boat especially since I only had 1500psi in my tank.  I saw lots of pollack darting around but I was more concerned with making sure my equipment was working ok. My tank did slip out of it's holster and was banging on my ankles. I tried to position myself btween the rocks so I wouldn't get banged around by the surge to take my BCD off and to get the tank back in it's holster. Success!
I just did the one dive and enjoyed the rest of the time catching up on funny stories with everyone.
I can't wait for next week! :-)

1 comment:

  1. What a great day we had! And you got to put your gear back together underwater as well. It only gets better from here.

    ReplyDelete