Tuesday, July 14, 2015

dive #946 & 947 July 12 2015

dive # 946 July 12 2015
It was the perfect summer day.
The temp was to hit 90F. Everyone and their mother hit the beaches. I am thrilled that I was out on Easy Diver for a day of diving.
 A light wind from the south so we headed north to "the restaurant" at the mouth of Folly. We had Fred and Chris in charge. Pete.  John from froggies managing the lines. Andy helping out along with Kate and Amy. We also had Lynda and Myanna who are ol'time experienced divers.
Water temp on the surface was about 52F. At 25 feet the temp dropped dramatically to a "freeze-your-scroggies-off" 42F with a 12 foot viz. I had a little trouble clearing my right ear. This seems to be a "norm' for me now so I take my time going down.
I hung out by the wall hoping no fishermen were dropping their lines in. The viz was better and it was warmer. I saw a tautog, a skate and some colorful starfish. It turned out that Andy got his wetsuit sleeve caught in the large fishing lure. Thankfully, no damage was done to his person. Lynda and Myanna only came back with one legal sized lobster. So far this year I've only seen small lobsters
dive#947
We inched over to the mouth of Folly cove. I've never seen so many boats anchored in the cove in my life! There were at least 20 boats, not including floats and paddle boards. I had some air left over in my tank so I popped back in.The water was a good 10 degrees warmer. I got 58F on my gauge! The viz was pretty poor so I just skimmed by the rocks investigating. I scared the crap out of some poor girl paddle boarding since I surfaced right next to her. Maybe she thought I was some big ugly fish. This was definitely the day to be in the water. I am soooooo lucky to be here.
Just another fantastic day with awesome pals. :-)

1 comment:

  1. It was, indeed, a perfect day for diving with friends. The summer just keeps getting better.

    ReplyDelete