Monday, July 6, 2015

dive #945 July 5 2015

dive # 945 July 5 2015
A slow start this year but I finally made it out for my first scuba dive of the season on Easy diver. Seriously, it is so good to be back.
It was a perfect summer day.  Everyone was out and about enjoying the day. The wind was blowing from the north so we headed south to the wreck of the New Hampshire. We had Fred and Chris in charge. Pete onboard as well as John from the froggies. Andy helping out as well  providing sandwiches. Two surprise guests- Kate and her pal Amy. I haven't seen Kate in ages so it was a delight to see her and chat up about old times.
Even though it was my first dive of the season everything went fairly smooth. Although I packed two "right" booties . One bootie was bigger than the other some even though it was for the wrong foot it still worked. A few spiders and earwigs got flushed away out of my wetsuit. The water was a chilly 50F at 25 feet. I had a little trouble clearing my right ear but that was to be expected. The viz was 12 feet at best. By the rocks I saw some good size stripers, a hake, some big crabs and a large nosey tautog. Bits and pieces of copper still lays around in the wreck site. I got a little disoriented but again, I expected that and stayed close to the boat.
 All in all it was a fabulous day.
Gotta love the summer!

1 comment:

  1. Super to have you with us, V. We enjoyed the sandwiches you donated. Hugs, Chris and The Captain

    ReplyDelete