Sunday, July 20, 2014

dive #922 & 923 July 20 2014

Dive #922 July 20 2014
A bit overcast with a few sprinkles of rain was today's weather.
 I was hoping for a sunny hot day.
We had Fred and Chris running the show along with Andy helping out with Pete and John (from the "froggies"). Long time dive buddies Linda and Myanna were out on the hunt for lobsters. Plus non-divers , Fred's daughter "Charlie", her husband and Andy's wife Anna were out for a "day on the boat".
Andy had reported that yesterday the water was so cold it hurt his calves. I thought to myself " ay mierda". With that in mind I thought when I hit the freezing water I would swear in spanish rather than in English.
And so I did.
And so I did.
We anchored off of the stone house on the south side of Kettle. It was fairly clear and warmer by the rocks but it was still freakin' cold. It was also a bit surgy by the rocks so watching the kelp swing back and forth was a bit nauseating. I  did see a few bit stripers and some good sized crabs but no lobsters.
Dive #923 July 20 2014
We moved down the shore-line  a bit but I forget the name of the sight. I was shivering but I did not want to take off my wetsuit just in case Andy came across another shark sighting. I wanted to make sure I was suited up "just in case". Andy said he couldn't yell 'shark" last week when he spotted the shark at Folly because he did not want to cause a panic amongst boaters and swimmers.
That was probably a good idea.
Soooooo he taught me the Polish word for shark : "rekin" (pronounced: rrrreakin) I don't think many people around here speak Polish so yelling "rekin!" should'nt cause a panic. (Hopefully)
I went back in the water for a second dive so Chris  could do a little more filming by yours truly using the double hose regulator and full foot black fins. That double hose regulator takes a little bit "getting used to". I forgot to blow out in the mouthpiece to rid it of water causing me to gulp down some seawater.
Yuck.
 I also had a little problem clearing my right ear. I think she might of got some decent shots but we will see after she views the tape.
I think all in all we had a pretty good day. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all you do for us on Easy Diver, V. We're lucky you continue to put up with the shenanigans every Sunday.

    ReplyDelete