Monday, April 14, 2014

Newburyport Boston strong race



I haven't ran a road race in about 15-16 years. My running history had been spotty due to a variety reasons mostly due to injuries and being sick. Regardless,. I do run the beach every morning for about a mile or so but the word "run" is kind of a joke word in my case.
I am slower than a turtle on valium.
I saw a guy walking with a walker leave me in the dust.
My little short legs don't move me very fast.
 This was the one year anniversary since the horrific Boston marathon bombing.. The running club in NBPT sponsored a Boston Strong  2.64 mile fundraiser run to benefit the still struggling injured victims.
(A marathon is 26.4 miles. This run was only 2.64. I figured I could do this)
I had to do it.
I am a BOSTON girl afterall.
My husband and I signed on.
It took me 36 minutes to complete. I kept at a steady pace throughout the loop even though little kids were blowing past me. I think I did OK despite the fact I had a raging boogery cold, it was pouring rain and it was cold and windy.
Hooray we did it!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you guys! A couple of jocks if I ever saw them. And I should know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.newburyportnews.com/sports/x1445044642/RUNNING-FOR-THE-ONE-FUND
    here is the NBPT link in the 'crowd" shot I am next to the lady with the big baby stroller

    ReplyDelete