Tuesday, April 15, 2014

gearin' up for the dive season

Saturday was a really nice day.
A day for outdoor ambitions. The sun was actually out!
 It had been a long long cold winter.
So I decided to do my pre-season dive stuff inventory .
 I wanted check to see if my tanks were hydroed, to see if the equipment needed repairs and to dust off cob-webs off the suits.
I just needed to do some general preparations for the oncoming dive season. I just keep boots, fins and suits in the garage since they are not usually affected by the seasonal temperatures.
 I brought my husband booties and fins in the house. I wanted him to try them on to make sure these pair of fins and booties go together.
He sat down, slid on the boots ... and yelped. "AY! There is something in my bootie!"
He shook it out over the bucket and about a pint of sunflower seeds fell out. The same occurred with the matching bootie.
What the....?!?!
I checked my dry suit booties and they also were filled with about 2 inches deep of sun flower seeds.
The same happened with my 7mm wet suit booties!
I pulled the wet suits off the rack and they were just dirty with cob webs and spider corpses.
The gear bag , however, was chock-o-block filled with sunflowers seeds.
I noticed my dry bag where I store my "fuzzy" for my dry suit was opened. I opened that bag and I not only found sunflower seeds but a 'nest' of threads, straw and debris.
Thankfully , there was no babies or damage was done to the suit.
Nothing was chewed on or pissed on.
Therefore, I suspect this was merely a "storage facility" for a chipmunk (not mice)
(Mice destroy things plus they piss and shit all over the place.
By judging from the sheer volume of sunflower seeds stored I am guessing that chipmunk must have had massive cheeks!
Everything now is rinsed off. I just hope "Alvin" doesn't come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment