Tuesday, January 31, 2012

bird slave


There are days that my birds will drive me crazy.
Seriously, I have to give myself at least an extra ten minutes before I can leave the house with a clear conscience. Every time I am ready to leave the house-even to just food shop- somebody has just pooped in their water, tore up their papers, knocked over their food dish, or somebody is squabbling with one another, etc... and I've got to stop and tend to their needs before I depart.
I am their slave.
Forget about having a uninterrupted telephone conservation too.
Linus will delightfully serenade me as I try to interpret what the caller is saying to me.
Sometimes it is Linus, Patches AND Louie all singing at the same time.
Eddie sometimes likes to sleep with me but she can be a pain sometimes too. She will snuggle under my chin but after two seconds of being convincingly cute she will pinch me in the neck with a "love bite". This will shock me out of the snooze. Or she will stick her beak inside my nose. This will have the same wake up effect.
I am at their every beck (beak?) and call.
Twice a day I check and clean the pigeon's face and nose of debris. Seeds get stuck up his nose and I clean them out. He will then sneeze or cough phlegm in my face. I've learn to face him in the opposite direction out of his line of fire. I also have to wash his feet because he will haphazardly step in his own poop and then try to perch on my head. After he is all cleaned up he will cuddle up to me on my lap and fall asleep..
I can not begin to tell you how many stick vacuums and hand held dust-busters I burn through, or how many paper towels I use or stacks of newspapers I go through.
The birds do make me eat healthy because they ALWAYS have to check out what I am eating.
They love carrots and brown rice.
Actually, anything I am eating they find appealing so it has to be healthy and safe for them to eat.
I have heard my husband screaming for me to "get this bird out of my bowl of oatmeal!"
I will usually find a bird( or two) sitting in his bowl with oatmeal stuck to their beaks and head.
Louie loves black berries. I'll give him a few but I mentally prepare myself for "the black berry massacre" that will follow all over the walls and floor.
I watch out for their safety too in my daily activities. All birds are locked in their cages when I cook. Doors are always closed. Toilet lids are closed down. House hold cleansers are nontoxic environmentally friendly biodegradable. Cooking pots and pans are stainless steel. My blankets are cleared of loose strings so they don't get their toes caught in it.
Well, I have to end this post because I hear Princess calling for me.
I've been upstairs too long for their liking.
They all want to watch "Judge Judy" and then take a nap afterwards while I prepare their dinner.
Are they spoiled or what?

2 comments: