Sunday, May 28, 2017

summer reads



Ah! It is that time of year for summer reads.
I just finished reading "My most beautiful" by Mayte Garcia. Mayte was the former wife of my musical idol "Prince". She wrote of her life and their life together. Reading it was like being on a roller coaster. Talk about extreme highs and lows in both their creative lives together (and as well as when they separated) If you're a Prince fan (and Mayte fan as well) this is book is a must read!
My next book that I plan to read is "Unlikely Companions-the adventures of an exotic animal doctor" by Dr Laurie Hess. I tend to gravitate towards these kinds of books about veterinarians. I also read, "Pets on the Couch" by Nicholas Dodman DVM. This book was given to me by my cousin as a gift.
With that being said, two of my favorite people have books being sold on www.amazon.com.
"The Wreck of the Chelsea" by Fred Calhoun. A fun read especially if you are a scuba diver and from the Boston area.
And, "Letters from Apizaco" by my cousin Kim Kudym . It is a collection of letters and diary entries from my (then) 17 year old foreign exchange student cousin living in Mexico . This journal, through the mind of a 17 year old, was hilarious and blatantly honest. She also included photos and "drawings" which added to the story. I do believe her time spent in Mexico was a defining moment in her life. She later became a bilingual teacher for many years.
Have fun reading!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the "plug," V. And for the pointer to Kim's book. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the "plug," V. And for the pointer to Kim's book. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete