Thursday, September 1, 2016

back home


As much as I love going away for a vacation it is tough leaving the birds.
I miss them terribly but also they get mad at me for leaving them-especially the pigeons.
It just so happen the time we left all the birds were molting.
And I do mean molting.
The pet sitter does a great job but there is no way she can keep up with their mess. The place looked like there was a giant pillow fight.
OMG feathers everywhere!
I looked at my husband dead-panned and said, 'we're gonna need a bigger vacuum".
Trixstah is a handful too. He bites, has tantrums and refuses to be potty trained. (MY other pigeon is somewhat potty trained because she will only poop in a certain area)
Teddy the dove was so happy we were home. I gave him his bath and he was elated. Both the pigeons jumped in the sink while I was cleaning cages. They love their baths too. The cockatiels were happy to be back to their routine.
As I type it is now 4:00 and the pigeons are sitting on the couch awaiting "Judge Judy" so that means I have to end this blog and turn the TV on for them.
Life with birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment