Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Yankee Home Coming 2016

For last two weeks annually Newburyport has their season Yankee homecoming event. They have concerts, parades, art shows, fireworks, street performers, side walk sales, road races etc.. It's a pretty big deal for the residents of Newburyport as well as a fun event for summer tourists.
I go to it every year.
I really enjoy the art show and the side walk sales. The fancy bridal shop usually has this major clearance sale of all their formal dresses. I find the most gorgeous la de da dresses there for only $15.00! The original tags say $395.00! I happen to wear formal wear when I attend the NHSPCA gala event in November. I generally take my bike to this event since parking is limited. it was quite the challenge to bag up the gown and take it home riding my bike!
My cousins are usually very active participants in the NBPT event. One year Kim was in charge of the pet parade. Her brother  Kenny was the designated as the pooper scooper. He followed along with his wagon filled with ca ca bags. Kim also marched in their parades holding signs for local politicians.
This year, I participated in their fitness demonstrations. My zumba teacher asked her students to participate so I gladly participated in the outdoor zumba class at market square on tuesday and thursday.
* (In the above photo that is yours truly in the grey sweat pants and blue tank top! This photo was on page 11 on the weds August  3rd edition of the Newburyport daily news!)
It was really hot that day but luckily I positioned myself in a shady area. My cousin Kim was there watching and taking videos. Despite feeling sick from her chemo she still came to cheer me on!
Great fun!

1 comment:

  1. Lookin' good, V. Great to see guys are participating in your class too.

    ReplyDelete