Friday, May 15, 2015

Button's dilemma part 3

I feel a little more optimist.
 I've been separating Button from the other birds at dinner time so that she is not disturbed while she eats. I've been giving her carrots, dandelion greens, zucchini and cooked rice, veggie pasta with cooked greens and her pellets. She has been eating it with gusto. Her appetite is back.
She has her pain management medication, metacam, twice a day and I do think this has helped her. She flew across the room without crashing. She hasn't done that in over a month.
In addition, I've been taking her (and Scizzorpoop) out in a small cage for outside morning sunshine (vitamin D)She even took a bath by herself!
I weighed her yesterday and she gained 5 grams (She is now 103grams)
She looks scroggie looking but so far with this extra attention paid to her "whole health" she seems to be doing OK. I know myself when I am feeling lousy that good plain greens, sunshine, a nice bath and (for me, migraine meds) makes a world of difference.
One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment