Tuesday, October 3, 2017

July 16 2017 dive #1011 & Oct 1 2017 dive # 1012

Ok I know this looks strange writing about a dive in July and then a jump to October. I haven't had too much access to the computer to sit down and type for one thing and I haven't been diving as much As I would've liked due to travels, illness and funky weekend weather (winds ripping out from the north. There were sunny days but tough for boats getting out of the slip).
Sooooooo here is the summary:
July 16 2017 dive # 1011
On aboard Easy Diver were Captain Fred, first mate Chris, Pete Jackie, Andy and Cate. Winds were from the SE. A pleasant day at Folly Cove. Water was chilly at 47F at 30 ft. Viz murky at best at 10-15 feet. A lot of debris due to massive amounts of fish poop! Huge schools of fish entered the cove leaving copious amounts of brown pellets. It was interesting but gross. Alot of boats were anchored at Folly. I counted 17. Still a wonderful day hanging out with friends and talking about the schooling fish (and poop)
Oct 1 2017 dive# 1012
A light wind from north but a sunny bright cool day. Fred, Chris, Cate, Jackie and Sofia (Cate's grand -daughter) were present on Easy Diver. I brought my wet-suit but wasn't sure I would be going in. And then Chris, Cate and Jackie went in and I got jealous so I HAD to go in for a plunge!. You just never know if something cool would be swimming by. The week or so prior Jackie and Andy spotted a torpedo ray. We anchored in Folly Cove. Water was 62f on the surface. I am sure below 10 feet the temp readings would be different. Over by the rocks it felt warmer and the viz was better. I'm still trying to milk out the "summer" as if licking the last crumbs out of the bottom of the cookie bag. It was a nice day and it's so nice to hang out with cool friends.
And yes, we ARE cool!

2 comments: