Tuesday, November 22, 2016

trolling along


Last weekend we went to see the festival of (holiday)trees at Seaglass in Salisbury.
It is quite an event. Hundreds of different holiday trees with various themes filled the upstairs ballroom.. Local businesses and individuals make, decorate and donate the trees  for people to bid on. The money raised goes to our local hospital. I bought a pile of raffle tixs to bid on two of the trees.
This year, there were two trees that really caught my eye.
One was a purple Prince tree. The tree was covered with purple ornaments, purple crowns and Prince's signature glyph. Another one, was a troll tree (I wished I had taken a better photo of it so you could see it in it's glory) It was completely covered with troll dolls. I gasped at the sight of it. Needless to say, I bought a pack of 25 raffle tixs and stuffed both boxes.
Speaking of trolls, I designed and created a new pair of boots. I had a dull black and grey pair of boots that lingered in the back of my closet. I figured I'd bring new life to them by coloring them lime green, redoing the heels in gold, adding pink fur, adding some bling and painting trolls on them.
How cool are these?!? (see above)
 I can't wait to wear them to my brother's house this Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment